In a nutshell
Holders of a category B licence with code number 196 have the possibility, in addition to category B vehicles, to drive motorcycles (including those with sidecars) with a cylinder capacity of 125 cm³, an engine power not exceeding 11 kW, where the ratio of power to weight does not exceed 0.1 kW/kg.
The category B driving licence can be issued with the code number 196 if:
- the holder has held the category B driving licence for at least 5 years,
- the applicant has reached the minimum age of 25 years at the time of issue,
- proof (in accordance with Appendix 7b FeV) of successful participation in a driver training course of at least nine teaching units (UE) of 90 minutes each (theory at least four UE and practice at least five UE) is available and
- there is a maximum of one year between completion of the driver training course and registration of the code number 196.
Holders of a Class B driving licence with code number 196 are entitled, in addition to Class B vehicles, to drive motorcycles (including those with sidecars) with a cylinder capacity of 125 cm³, an engine power of no more than 11 kW, where the ratio of power to weight does not exceed 0.1 kW/kg.
A theoretical and practical test does not have to be passed. The registration of the code number B 196 only entitles the holder to drive within the Federal Republic of Germany. The registration of this code number does not entitle the holder to a Class A1 driving licence. An extension to class A2 according to § 15 paragraph 3 FeV is not possible!
Prerequisite for the issue of the driving licence class B with the code number 196 is the successful participation in a driver training course of at least nine teaching units in a driving school. After completion of the driver training course, the driving school must issue the participant with a certificate of successful participation in accordance with Annex 7b FeV.
The entry of the key number 196 by the responsible driving licence authority is made on application and on presentation of proof of identity, presentation of a current biometric photograph (not older than 3 months) and presentation of proof of successful participation in a driver training course.
- Once the driving licence has been ordered, you can be notified by us and collect your driving licence on presentation of your identity card or passport and your previous driving licence.
- The driving licence is issued at the central registration desk of the Citizens' Service on the ground floor of Löbdergraben 12.
- Passport or identity card
- Photo: Please bring a photo that is not older than three months and complies with biometric regulations. The picture must be 3.5 x 4.5 cm. You can find out what the picture must look like on the Bundesdruckerei website (see links).
- EU card driving licence (If you do not yet have an EU card driving licence, you will need to exchange it at the same time. If the existing driving licence was not issued by the city of Jena, an index card copy (KKA) of the foreign driving licence authority which issued the driving licence is necessary. Please request the KKA in advance yourself from the issuing driver's license authority and have the KKA sent directly to us).
- Proof of successful participation in a driver training course
Bitte beachten Sie, dass eine persönliche Vorsprache nur mit vorheriger Terminvereinbarung erfolgen kann. Diese können Sie entweder über die Online-Terminvereinbarung Fahrerlaubnisbehörde oder telefonisch vornehmen.
Bitte bringen Sie zu Ihrem Termin einen 3G-Nachweis (geimpft, genesen oder getestet) mit.
Ab dem 11.12.2021 gilt die 3G-Pflicht für Besucher.
Informieren Sie sich bitte vor Ihrer Terminbuchung zu den Voraussetzungen und notwendigen Unterlagen der gewünschten Dienstleistung.
Terminzeiten / telefonische Erreichbarkeit
|Montag||08:00 – 15:00 Uhr|
|Dienstag||09:00 – 18:00 Uhr|
|Donnerstag||09:00 – 18:00 Uhr|
|Freitag||08:00 – 13:00 Uhr|
The fee for the registration by our driving licence authority is a maximum of 53,10 Euro.
- Driving Licence Ordinance (FeV)