In a nutshell
You would like to apply for a driver card for the first time.
Since 01.05.2006, new lorries with a permissible total weight of more than 3.5 tonnes and all new buses with more than 9 seats have been equipped with a digital recording device.
These devices digitally record the driving and rest times of drivers engaged in commercial transport and are gradually replacing the previous tachograph. The control devices are operated with special chip cards for the driving personnel, the so-called "driver cards".
You have your main residence in Jena. You are in possession of an EU driving licence. If you do not yet have a card driver's license, you must first exchange your old driver's license. The driver card is only valid in conjunction with the EU driving licence.
It is not possible to stand in for an application, as the driver card contains your signature, which must be provided at the time of application. You do not have to fill in an application form. It will be prepared by us and only signed by you.
If you have an EU driving licence, you can also apply for the first issue of a driver card online at the driving licence authority. For a quick and smooth processing of your application, it is advantageous to indicate your e-mail address and telephone number on the application form. In this way, we can shorten the information path.
Please have your EU card driving licence ready, as you will need to enter the data accordingly.
- When the driver card is available after ordering, you will be notified by us and can pick up the driver card upon presentation of your identity card or passport.
- The driver card is issued at the central registration desk of the citizen service on the ground floor of Löbdergraben 12.
- The validity of the driver card is limited to 5 years.
- Passport or identity card
- Photo: Please bring a photo that is not older than three months and complies with biometric regulations. The picture must be 3.5 x 4.5 cm. You can find out what the picture must look like on the Bundesdruckerei website (see links).
- EU card driving licence (if this is not yet the EU card driving licence, it must be exchanged at the same time)
Bitte beachten Sie, dass eine persönliche Vorsprache nur mit vorheriger Terminvereinbarung erfolgen kann. Diese können Sie entweder über die Online-Terminvereinbarung Fahrerlaubnisbehörde oder telefonisch vornehmen.
Informieren Sie sich bitte vor Ihrer Terminbuchung zu den Voraussetzungen und notwendigen Unterlagen der gewünschten Dienstleistung.
Terminzeiten / telefonische Erreichbarkeit
|Montag||09:00 – 13:00 Uhr|
|Dienstag||09:00 – 18:00 Uhr|
|Donnerstag||09:00 – 18:00 Uhr|
|Freitag||09:00 – 13:00 Uhr|
|Processing fee||34,00 €|
|Direct shipping||3,00 €|
- Driving Personnel Ordinance (FPersV)