In a nutshell
The International Driving Licence is issued on application for the national driving licence. This must be an EU driving licence card. Holders of old driving licence documents must also apply for the new EU driving licence card.
You have your main residence in Jena.
It is not possible to be represented at the application stage, as the International Driving Permit must be signed by you before it is issued. You do not have to fill in an application form. It will be prepared by us and only signed by you.
The International Driving Licence is usually issued with a validity of three years. A shorter validity is possible if there are temporary C/D classes that are valid for less than 3 years and the entry of these classes in the International Driving Licence cannot be waived. An International Driving Licence cannot be extended after its validity has expired, a new issue is always required.
Notes on the International Driving Licence
The International Driving Licence can be issued in addition to the national driving licence. It is a "translation" of the national classes to international standards.
As a rule, the International Driving Licence is only required in non-European countries. Information on the necessity of the International Driving Licence in the individual countries can be obtained from the automobile clubs or from the respective foreign representative.
An International Driving Licence does not entitle the holder to drive a motor vehicle in Germany. If a driving ban is imposed, not only the national driving licence issued by a German authority must be surrendered for the duration of the driving ban, but also an issued International Driving Licence.
- Once all the documents have been submitted, the International Driving Permit will be produced and issued on the day of application.
- Passport or identity card
- Photo: Please bring a photo that is not older than three months and complies with biometric regulations. The picture must be 3.5 x 4.5 cm. You can find out what the picture must look like on the Bundesdruckerei website (see links).
- National driving licence: If you still have an old driving licence (grey/pink), you must first exchange it for the new card driving licence. In this case, please note the information on "Exchanging for the EU card driving licence".
- Card transcript: If the driver's license or the first copy was not issued by the Jena city administration, an index card transcript from the foreign driver's license authority that issued the driver's license is required. Please request the copy of the index card yourself from the responsible driving licence authority and have it sent directly to us or sent by fax.
- Proof of driving licence issuance (index card "VK 30") for issuance in the former GDR from 1968 to 1982
Bitte beachten Sie, dass eine persönliche Vorsprache nur mit vorheriger Terminvereinbarung erfolgen kann. Diese können Sie entweder über die Online-Terminvereinbarung Fahrerlaubnisbehörde oder telefonisch vornehmen.
Bitte bringen Sie zu Ihrem Termin einen 3G-Nachweis (geimpft, genesen oder getestet) mit.
Ab dem 11.12.2021 gilt die 3G-Pflicht für Besucher.
Informieren Sie sich bitte vor Ihrer Terminbuchung zu den Voraussetzungen und notwendigen Unterlagen der gewünschten Dienstleistung.
Terminzeiten / telefonische Erreichbarkeit
|Montag||08:00 – 15:00 Uhr|
|Dienstag||09:00 – 18:00 Uhr|
|Donnerstag||09:00 – 18:00 Uhr|
|Freitag||08:00 – 13:00 Uhr|
|Issue of the International Driving Licence||16,00 €|
- Driving Licence Ordinance (FeV)
- Road Traffic Act (StVG)
- Fee regulations for road traffic measures (GebOSt)