In a nutshell
The driving licence is issued for the first time. Later extensions of the driving licence build on this.
Before the driving licence can be handed over after passing the test, the driving licence must already be applied for with us when starting driving school. We check the suitability, commission the Bundesdruckerei with the production of the driving licence, issue the test order and admit the learner driver to the test.
You have your main residence in Jena. You have the necessary minimum age or will reach it in a time near to the examination.
A representation for the application is not possible, since the card driver's license contains your signature, which must already be made with the application. You do not have to fill in an application form. It will be prepared by us and only signed by you.
Please note the separate information on applications for:
For a quick and smooth processing of your application, it is advantageous to indicate your e-mail address and telephone number on the application form. This way we can shorten the information path.
- The application should be submitted at the earliest 6 months before reaching the minimum age. Admission to the theoretical test can take place at the earliest 3 months and to the practical test at the earliest 1 month before reaching the minimum age.
- Once we have checked your documents, we will issue the test order to the testing organisation. Your driving school will be informed by the test organisation and can then register you for the test. The processing time for your application is approx. 4 weeks.
- After you have passed the practical test, the examiner will issue you with a provisional proof of your driving licence.
- The examining organisation will inform us that you have passed the test. We will then order your driving licence from the Bundesdruckerei in Berlin. The driving licence will be sent to you directly by post (the cost of postage cannot be avoided).
- Passport or identity card
- Photo: Please bring a photo that is not older than three months and complies with biometric regulations. The picture must be 3.5 x 4.5 cm in size. You can find out what the picture must look like on the Bundesdruckerei website (see links).
- Confirmation from the driving school you have registered with
- Proof of adequate eyesight: certificate from an optician or ophthalmologist
- Proof of participation in a training course in first aid as defined in § 19 FeV
- Applications for minors can only be submitted with a declaration of consent from the custodial parent (including copies of identity card or passport for signature comparison). If necessary, proof of custody is mandatory in the case of sole custody or in the case of unmarried parents (judgment of the family court, negative certificate or custody certificate from the youth welfare office).
Bitte beachten Sie, dass eine persönliche Vorsprache nur mit vorheriger Terminvereinbarung erfolgen kann. Diese können Sie entweder über die Online-Terminvereinbarung Fahrerlaubnisbehörde oder telefonisch vornehmen.
Bitte bringen Sie zu Ihrem Termin einen 3G-Nachweis (geimpft, genesen oder getestet) mit.
Ab dem 11.12.2021 gilt die 3G-Pflicht für Besucher.
Informieren Sie sich bitte vor Ihrer Terminbuchung zu den Voraussetzungen und notwendigen Unterlagen der gewünschten Dienstleistung.
Terminzeiten / telefonische Erreichbarkeit
|Montag||08:00 – 15:00 Uhr|
|Dienstag||09:00 – 18:00 Uhr|
|Donnerstag||09:00 – 18:00 Uhr|
|Freitag||08:00 – 13:00 Uhr|
|Processing fee||44,40 €|
|Direct shipping (not optional)||
The fee includes the cost of one driving licence. If you are applying for more than one class, it may be necessary for you to have several provisional proofs of entitlement to drive or driving licences for the classes you have achieved by the time you take the final test. This would incur further fees.
- Driving Licence Ordinance (FeV)
- Road Traffic Act (StVG)
- Fee regulations for road traffic measures (GebOSt)