In a nutshell
A model trial for the moped driving licence at the age of 15 (AM 15) started on 1 May 2013 in Thuringia, Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt.
The model trial envisages that 15-year-olds in the three central German states can acquire the entitlement to the AM driving licence class via driving school training. They are allowed to drive two-wheeled mopeds and mopeds as well as three- and four-wheeled small vehicles up to 45 kilometres per hour.
You have your main residence in Jena. You have the necessary minimum age or will reach it in a time near to the examination.
A representation for the application is not possible, since the card driver's license contains your signature, which must already be made with the application. You do not have to fill in an application form. It will be prepared by us and only signed by you.
For the identity check of the applicant, for the acquisition of the driving licence class AM, a valid passport or identity card is required at the time of application or at the time of taking the test.
According to § 1 Abs. 1 S. 1 Personalausweisgesetz (PAuswG) there is only a duty of identification from the age of 16. It is therefore recommended to make use of the possibility of an early application for the issue of an identity card in accordance with § 1 Para. 4 No. 1 PAuswG and to have an identity card issued before submitting the AM15 application. The application takes place in the citizen service of the city of Jena.
- The application can be made at the earliest 6 months before reaching the minimum age of 15 years and only with the consent of the legal representatives.
- The theoretical test can be taken at the earliest three months, the practical test at the earliest one month before reaching the age of 15.
- Once your documents have been checked, we will issue the test order to the testing organisation. Your driving school will be informed and can then register you for the test. The processing time for your application is approx. 4 weeks.
- After you have passed the practical test, the examiner will issue and hand over a test certificate as proof of your entitlement to drive class AM motor vehicles within the territory of Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia. The test certificate is valid for a maximum of 3 months after reaching the age of 16.
- When you reach the age of 16, we will order your driving licence from the Bundesdruckerei in Berlin. The driving licence will be sent to you directly by post (the cost of postage cannot be avoided).
- Passport or identity card
- Photo: Please bring a photo that is not older than three months and complies with biometric regulations. The picture must be 3.5 x 4.5 cm. You can find out what the picture must look like on the Bundesdruckerei website (see links).
- Confirmation from the driving school you have registered with
- Proof of adequate eyesight: certificate from an optician or ophthalmologist
- Proof of participation in a training course in first aid as defined in § 19 FeV
- Application for participation in the model project "AM from 15 years" with the consent of the legal representatives (see links)
- Copy of the identity card or passport of the legal representatives
Bitte beachten Sie, dass eine persönliche Vorsprache nur mit vorheriger Terminvereinbarung erfolgen kann. Diese können Sie entweder über die Online-Terminvereinbarung Fahrerlaubnisbehörde oder telefonisch vornehmen.
Bitte bringen Sie zu Ihrem Termin einen 3G-Nachweis (geimpft, genesen oder getestet) mit.
Ab dem 11.12.2021 gilt die 3G-Pflicht für Besucher.
Informieren Sie sich bitte vor Ihrer Terminbuchung zu den Voraussetzungen und notwendigen Unterlagen der gewünschten Dienstleistung.
Terminzeiten / telefonische Erreichbarkeit
|Montag||08:00 – 15:00 Uhr|
|Dienstag||09:00 – 18:00 Uhr|
|Donnerstag||09:00 – 18:00 Uhr|
|Freitag||08:00 – 13:00 Uhr|
|Processing fee||43,60 €|
|Direct shipping (not optional)||4,80 €|
- Third Ordinance on Exceptions to the Regulations of the Driving Licence Ordinance of 22.04.2013 (Federal Law Gazette Volume 2013 Part I No. 20, issued at Bonn on 30.04.2013).
- Driving Licence Ordinance (FeV)
- Road Traffic Act (StVG)
- Fee Regulations for Road Traffic Measures (GebOSt)